Suminex Forums

Suminex message board

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-12 17:48:07

Brevik
Alpha Tester

Leveling Pace

So I am just curious how the pace of leveling is gonna go?

I remember the grind back in the day making the game mean even more to me beacuse of the grind it took to get your levels.
I would spend day after day leveling in t3 graveyard everyday after school until i was like level 12.

The fighter classes didnt get spin until like lvl 20 or something? I remember it was higher anyways. Which i thought was cool. Because shortly after spin you were able to start using Ominex gear which i believe was also lvl 24..  So basically it took years for anyone to get up into the high 50s, which in my opinion helped the longevity of the game itself. I know everyone wants end game content but it should take a long time to get to that point in the first place.

Also curious if you will be implementing Star?

#2 2020-02-12 17:56:52

Return of God
Alpha Tester

Re: Leveling Pace

the long grind only worked because the gains to each level were minimal meaning you could still compete with those who levelled all day after a certain point if you had the right gear. I dont mind if levelling is quick or slow provided each level is like it used to be prior to restructure.

As only a limited amount of content up to level 20 I think is initially available perhaps a slow grind would be best. The interesting part will be if pvp functions from level 8-20. If so then im all for a slow grind to 20 fighting for the hunting spots, pkers, hunting pkers etc

#3 2020-02-13 11:10:57

Colby
Administrator

The leveling pace is something that will be adjusted over time. Everything is subject to change. Right now the exp totals for levels up through 20 are like xens exp values. I liked when xen seemingly had no level cap. Id like to recreate that somehow.

#4 2020-02-13 14:08:55

Return of God
Alpha Tester

No level cap might work providing levelling gives diminishing returns. 

The tricky part is some players will play 24/7/ share accounts. If they get to level 50 and everyone else is in the 20s you need to be able to prevent them from ruining pvp amongst the non 24/7 population. If im level 25 and go -enemies i dont want a level 50 jumping me with no consequences.

Another question on levelling experience will it be diminishing returns? No exp for monsters well below our level. Or will it be like xenimus used to be with all monsters giving experience. This means even if there is only content up to level 20 people could still grind away but it will take a long time to progress. I like the second way better as it means people dont stop once they hit a cap.

#5 2020-02-13 14:28:43

SteveOfEngland

Yeh screw that xp within certain lv. Ej just didn't do hunting spots right.
  I liked it most when you got xp from every mob and you could find any item. I remember hunting Isle and finding varium staff and a Sci ring and nearly shat myself. This was when those items were unheard of lol.
  Xp from all mobs, scaling. Possibly ultra style areas for boosted xp? Drop tiers with rare chance of random item. That'd be cool.

#6 2020-02-13 16:19:05

Colby
Administrator

Yeah one of the worst changes to xen was eliminating exp on lower level creatures. I hated that. Right now I'm pretty happy with the drop rates. I've found a demonic leather, viarum, spirit shield and some other spirit items and a bunch of mystic. Its possible for any item to drop from any creature. You could get a sun staff from an imp(Very rare, i'd be surprised if/when it happens)The one thing I need to do is add a bonus to drop rates which depends on creature level.

#7 2020-02-13 16:25:04

SteveOfEngland

Sounds like fun. Ugggh I wanna test it smile

Last edited by SteveOfEngland (2020-02-13 16:25:22)

#8 2020-03-17 18:51:04

quickbeam

Exp has been pretty bearable up to 9 on a wizard. It's starting to slow down hunting grave yard and t1 wizards. Maybe I need to explore some more for higher yielding monsters.   

The best I have found is an Omni Axe.

Board footer